- “Hold” alert: block your document to warn colleagues that you are editing the document as soon as they open it
- “Note” alert : leave an important note about a document that will appear as soon as your colleagues open a copy of this document
Real-time metrics so you can make informed decisions
- Customizable Dashboard: allows you to analyze all the user activities performed on documents
- ROI Metrics : know in real time how many errors and losses of all kinds were avoided by the TagMyDoc tool
And a lot of new exciting options!
- New co-author management system to facilitate collaboration on each document
- Access to the complete version history of a document
- Seamless cloud backup at each save, without changing your current ways of working
Stay tuned: TagMyDoc will release in 2016 a new application for Windows that includes new real time alerts!
The TagMyDoc team wishes you happy holidays and a year full of success!
- Cloud: Some companies are still reluctant, but nevertheless, using cloud computing is an approach that is increasingly adopted. It allows you to access your documents at any time, anywhere and from any device: you just need an Internet connection!
- Mobile friendly: Professionals are often on the road and travel frequently for business. This is why mobile devices are important for mobile workers, even more than computers. Accessing your documents right from your smartphone becomes a must for 2016!
- Collaboration: A lack of communication in the workplace can lead to mistakes such as working with out-of-date documents or redoing the work. Therefore, your document management tools really need features that promote collaboration between employees and facilitate the sharing of documents, discussions and revision processes for example. Well executed teamwork is the key to ensure quality in your projects!
- Scalability: The software that you will implement to manage your documents needs to scale alongside your business. If the company is quickly growing, you should use a tool that will fit your new needs without causing additional problems.
- Transparency: Too many systems require heavy business processes or a major change in the way you actually work in order to truly answer your needs. However, if you want a successful and quick implementation, the ease of use of a software is vital: several companies have been discouraged by long and exhausting implementations. Moreover, these software cost a lot and you end up using only a few features on a daily basis. Try to find an easy-to-use tool that will match your most important needs or combine different solutions to manage your documents in the best way possible!
You always want to be more productive at work? Be aware that several tasks related to the management of your documents, without you knowing it, cause you problems and losses of all kinds (time, money, ideas, focus, etc.).
What are the conflicts related to document management on a daily basis?
First of all, each person has his own way of working. This is why several problematic actions are done on your documents, leading to blatant conflicts and efficiency losses:
- For example, trying to correctly name a document to recognize whether it is a draft or a final version: version 1, version 2, final version, final version 3, etc. Unfortunately, you waste your time opening and comparing the many versions to determine which one contains the right content. Despite the processes implemented by your organization, errors are frequent and you may find yourself working on an out-of-date document or starting all over again if you don’t find the right version of your document.
- You create many folders to be more organized. However, many duplicates of your documents are located in different folders and remembering where the right information is classified quickly becomes an issue. You often have to disturb your colleagues to retrieve the right document; you look inside your e-mails because your colleagues have sent you numerous versions of this document. In short, you also manage the receipt and sending of multiple attachments.
- The task becomes even more difficult when you are working in collaboration with colleagues. You can work at the same time of a colleague on the same document. If nobody warns you, you’re going to do the same work twice and lose a lot of time to compare and merge every changes. An unpleasant situation that could easily be removed… In fact, it’s essential to facilitate collaboration!
- Nowadays, some employees work in remote, which means outside the office. Therefore, multiple copies of documents are stored in multiple locations: in the business server, as attachments in your emails, in your personal folders at home, etc.
The accumulation of all these “lost” minutes has a huge impact at the end of the year.
In brief, with all these conflicts, you lose your ideas, your focus, your time and your momentum. It is essential to consider that currently, your documents force you to do unproductive tasks. Optimizing your document management is therefore crucial given the great value of the information stored in your organization.
Don’t hesitate to combine different document management tools and don’t rely solely on your existing tools. Adjust yourself to new ways of doing things, keeping in mind that you can eliminate significant efficiency losses while considerably reducing the risk of serious errors.
PART 2: TagMyDoc and professionals in accounting firmsIn the first part of TagMyDoc and professional accountants in business, you saw the application’s usefulness and its added value to accounting services in business. Several documents are created with the Microsoft Office Suite; some of them also serve as templates and are reused. In this second part, you will understand why TagMyDoc is also profitable for professionals in accounting firms, reducing the risk of errors, as well as the costs resulting from the mismanagement of documents.
- A team in an accounting firm works on financial statements for a client in Excel. This team is formed by 5 TagMyDoc users.
- One of the users sends the first version of the financial statements to the other members of the team. Fortunately, this document is saved with the TagMyDoc application. He also assigned the team members as co-authors of the document, authorizing them to modify it.
- A second user decides to go forward with the project without telling his colleagues and makes some changes to the document.
- The next day, a third member of the team starts working on the financial statements again. Of course, he sees an alert indicating that he doesn’t have the most up-to-date document. In only one click, he retrieves the latest version, without having to look for it or knowing who made the latest changes.The administrative assistant revises the document and corrects some mistakes.
- During a meeting at the client's office, the last user opens his copy of the document, immediately sees the TagMyDoc alert and then quickly retrieves the last version of the financial statements including all changes.
- No matter where users have saved their latest changes or retrieved their copy, whether it’s on the corporate network, in their personal files or their emails, TagMyDoc warns them if there is a conflict and works for them to avoid any costly error.